1. Add the almonds to a food processor and pulse until they are crushed.
2. Add the Medjool dates and pulse until they are well mixed.
3. Then add the punch of salt and cocoa powder. Taste and see if you would like to add moecocoa powder based on your personal preference. Pulse until everything comes together into a ball.
4. Remove the mixture from the food processor. Take a teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a bite size ball. Continue this process until all the mixture is used.
5. You may roll the balls to either desiccated coconut or cacao powder. Or you may enjoy them as they are.
*The dates would blend more easily into a soft paste if they are softened beforehand. To do this you should soak them for about an hour in advance using room temperature water. If you are pressed for time you can soak them in hot water for about 15-20 minutes.
*You can add your choices of nuts depending on your personal preferences. I believe that walnuts will work well with this recipe.
Here's a breakdown of the nutrition information. Hope you find it helpful!
Serving size: 1 ball Calories: 76 Fat: 3 g Saturated fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 10 mg Carbohydrates: 14 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 11 g Protein: 1 g