A light pasta with miso, kale, spinach and garlic. It only needs 9 ingredients and takes 20 minutes to complete. It is simple, crunchy and a perfect way to incorporate greens!
Prep time: Cook time: 1Total time: 2
Author: Eleni Karatzia Cuisine: Vegan Course: Main Servings: 4 Main
500 g pasta
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 large onion
6 garlic cloves
3 tbsp red miso paste
2 tsp maple syrup
3 cups spinach
3 cups kale
2 tbsp lemon juice
Nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to package directions (save some the pasta water for later).
2. In a large pan add the coconut oil and melt over medium heat.
3. Once melted add the onion and cook until softened, around 4 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for about 2 more minutes, until fragrant.
4. Then add the miso paste and maple syrup. You may also add some pasta water (about 2/3 cup) to help it dissolve. Then add the kale and spinach and cook over low heat until wilted around 4 minutes. Add the lemon juice and mix.
5. Mix in the drained pasta and combine well.
6. You may serve with nutritional yeast and season with salt and pepper.
Here's a breakdown of the nutrition information. Hope you find it helpful!
Serving size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 593 Fat: 10.9 g Saturated Fat: 6.5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 536 mg Carbohydrates: 115 g Dietary Fiber: 18 g Sugar: 6 g Protein: 15 g