This is recipe is simple, creamy and delicious! It only needs 7 ingredients and it takes 20 minutes to complete. It is always a success at dinner parties.
Prep time: Cook time: 15Total time: 2
Author: Eleni Karatzia Cuisine: Vegan, Italian Course: Main or Side Servings: 4 Main
500 g pasta
1 vegetable stock cube (or use salt)
2 tbsp coconut oil (I like to add the oil from the sun-dried tomato container)
1 onion, peeled and chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
100 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
200ml rice cream for cooking
1. Load up a large pot with a large amount of water. Add half of the vegetable cube (or 1 tbsp salt) and bring to boil. Then add the pasta to the boiling water. Stir occasionally. 3. Meanwhile, heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the oil, onions and a pinch of sea salt and cook until soft and translucent, around 5 minutes.
2. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the oil. Then add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the garlic to the pan, and cook for a minute.
4. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another minute.
5. Pour in the rice cream and the rest of the vegetable cube (or 1 tsp salt). Stir occasionally for 3-4 minutes.
6. Get 3-4 tablespoons from the starch water, add it to the sauce and mix for another minute.
7. Check if the pasta is ready and drain it. Add it back to the pot, stir in the sauce and combine.
*Optional Toppings: I personally like to sprinkle my pasta with some nutritional yeast and black pepper. I know that nutritional yeast looks like fish food but it has a cheesy and nutty flavour that’s delicious with pasta.
*To make it GLUTEN-FREE: Use rice or corn pasta but make sure it's certified as gluten-free. Also, make sure that the other packaged ingredients are certified as gluten-free in the case of cross contamination.
Here's a breakdown of the nutrition information. Hope you find it helpful!
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe Calories: 323 Fat: 11.3 g Saturated fat: 1.6 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 1267 mg Carbohydrates: 52 g Dietary Fiber: 8 g Sugar: 1 g Protein: 6 g