It is delicious, healthy, sweet, affordable, easy and quick to make. It’s a very convenient solution for those who are always in a hurry in the morning and in need of a breakfast that will keep them filled up until lunch time. This is a high protein, high fibre breakfast.
Prep time: 1
mins Cook time: 4 mins Total time: 5 mins
Author: Eleni Karatzia Cuisine: Vegan Course: Breakfast Servings: 1
1/2 cup rolled oats, old-fashioned
1 cup water
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 large ripe banana, chopped
2-3 dates, chopped
1. Add the water and salt to a pot and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
2. In the meantime, prepare your toppings. Chop the banana, dates, and almonds.
3. Stir in the oats and let the water return to a rolling boil.
4. When the water is boiling, immediately reduce heat to low and simmer. Add the cinnamon and stir occasionally until the water is absorbed around 2-3 minutes.
5. Move into the serving bowl and combine with the toppings. I personally like to add a bit more cinnamon.
I believe that adding a pinch of salt is crucial, otherwise, I find the taste of oatmeal to be flat. A pinch of salt will make a huge difference and won’t affect the sweetness of it.
*I also recommend adding nuts as they will keep you filled up until lunch time.